Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chloe's Surgery












Many of you know that Chloe has had chronic ear infections so this morning I woke up at five to wake Chloe up at six and hurried and put her clothes on and tried to rush out the door so she wouldn't start screaming because I couldn't give her a bottle. Thank goodness she fell asleep in the car on the way to the hospital. We filled out some paper work and then they sent us back to the children's waiting room. While we were sitting there a little girl who was just under two was getting tubes put into her ears as well. When the time came for her to leave her mommy she started to cry and it broke my heart. I started to tear and choke up. I kept telling myself this isn't a big surgery and Chloe will be fine. But any mom understands it hard to part with your child when you know they are going to be put through some pain. It was our turn for Chloe to leave us and we went back to the waiting room. No more than ten minutes later they called us and told us to come back to get Chloe. David picked her up and started feeding her a bottle. After she was done with her bottle I put her in her car seat and right away she fell asleep. We got home and she woke up an hour later. My baby was a whole new baby. She was so happy and playful. I am so glad we went ahead with the tubes.I couldn't believe how good she was after having the tubes put in just a couple hours ealier. Our fourth anniversary was last Monday and we spent it with him laying next to me on the couch as I felt like I was dying from the flu. I have NEVER been that sick as long as I can remember. I couldn't even lift my head up. Talk about a crappy anniversary. Overall, Chloe and I feel a lot better.

7 comments:

Sheri Lee said...

I am so glad everything went well! Your life will be much easier now. It's still scary, I feel ya!

kbhull said...

yea it is over and it went well. hope you are feeling better too!!!

Janee said...

Wow, I can't imagine taking my baby in for surgery! I'm glad everything went smoothly and that you're both feeling better :)

The Evers said...

Oh I am glad to hear it all went well and she will hopefully start feeling better now! She looks so much like David to me! It is crazy, I think Claire looks a ton like you! Funny how that works! I am glad you are both feeling better!

Lindsay Brummer said...

yay. i am so glad she is doing well. she was so happy at the park today! good job mom and dad!

diana said...

wow! i can't believe how quick her recovery was! i'm so glad everything went well.

i'm so sorry i keep missing you, i need to just bring your bows by your house, i feel so bad i've had them for so long!

Mortensen Family said...

Veronica!! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It is so fun to get in contact with friends I haven't seen in a while! Your girlies are beautiful! I think I remember that last time I saw you, your oldest was like 6 months old or something like that. Crazy! Well, we will have to keep up! I will talk to you soon! -Fawn-